Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Photo Montage

Priory Park 100

Photo Credit: Edwardian/contemporary photomontage by Benjamin Graham.

This exhibition celebrates the centenary of Priory Park which became a public space for the Citizens of Chichester in 1918. Through this display we will be highlighting the wonderful and varied uses this popular park has seen over the last 100 years.

Priory Park has existed as an open space for some years, having been laid out as a recreation ground and ornamental park by the Priory Park Society in 1850. The Society leased the land from the 5th Duke of Richmond. Admission to the park at this time was limited to subscribing members of the Society. All subscribers to the Society were entitled, for the payment of an extra shilling, to have their own gate key.

Priory Park 100