We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use information.
Who we are
We are The Novium Museum, based at Tower Street, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1QH. This policy notice covers the following domain names:
The personal data we collect from you
If you register with our website or purchase a product from our website, you will be required to complete a form with will require you to provide some or all of the following information:
- Email address
- Billing address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
By disclosing your personal information to us this way, you are consenting to the collection, storage and processing of your information as stated in this policy.
Details of transactions you carry out throughout our site and the fulfilment of your orders.
Why we collect this information?
We will only use your personal data where it is necessary to perform our contract with you (for purposes of a sale), or in a way which might be reasonably expected as part of interaction with our website which does not impact your interest, rights or freedoms. To ensure we are providing you with an optimum experience, we may use your purchase history to identify trends and provide you with a more personalised shopping experience.
What we do with your information?
- To drive evaluation and statistics of the services we provide
- To identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website (cookies)
- We will share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Global Payments
- Google Analytics
Where your personal data is stored
- All information you provide to us is stored on a secure server.
- We will keep all your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against it's accidental loss or damage.
- Unfortunately not all information passed over the internet is completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee the security if data transmitted to our site. Once information is received by us we will use the strict security procedures outlined in this policy to prevent unauthorised access.
- Payment transactions are made using Global Payments. All credit/debit card transactions on our site are processed using a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details and cannot be accessed by us.
How long we will keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonable to do so; this will reflect the reason you have contacted us. This will be different in every case.
Used by Google Analytics allowing us to track pages you visit, and basic details about your web browsers. They cannot identify you personally.
For more information on cookies please see our cookies notice.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about any aspect of this privacy notice, and in particular if you would like to object to any processing of your personal information that we carry out for our legitimate organisational interests.
Telephone: 01243 775888 (opt 1)
Post: The Novium, Tower Street, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1QH